Rest in Peace, Reiko-chan (26th July, 1957 - 19th May, 2010)


My cousin, Reiko-chan, passed away at 11:25 p.m., 19th May, 2010, Wed.

She was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and had been receiving treatment for the last 2.5 years. She was in and out of hospital, but wanted to stay at home when there was nothing they could do.

We had been writing to each other after her father died on 20th October, 2006. It's strange but we had never talked to each other before that, even though we were cousins.

I received the sad news Thursday night. Since she had written to me that she could no longer eat or drink, I knew that this day would come, but still ...

I went to see my aunt, Reiko-chan's mother, Friday and attended the wake that night, and attended the funeral Saturday.

Reiko-chan looked very pretty in the photo, which was taken three years ago. What she had to endure for the last 2.5 years is beyond my imagination. Only my aunt and my cousin, Ma~chan (Reiko-chan's brother) know how much she had to suffer.

She used to call me "Miwako-oneesan" (Big Sister Miwako) in her letters, as she was five years younger than I was and didn't have any sisters. I think I liked it as I had never been called that way, being the youngest in my family.

I am worried about my aunt, who lives alone now. She lost her husband in 2006 after taking care of him for years while he was bed-ridden, and now her daughter.


Reiko-chan's Birthday Flower:


7月26日の花個紋
瑠璃虎の尾の丸 (るりとらのおのまる)

花名:瑠璃虎の尾

個意: 識見

知識が豊富で判断力の優れた人。
物事を正しく見極める力のあるあなた。


どんな状況でも、冷静な判断で切り抜けられるタフな精神力の持ち主です。
まわりの人を陰ながら支え、頼りにされる人です。


She was the most sincere, honest person I had ever known in my life.

May You Rest in Peace, Reiko-chan.






0 comments:

Post a Comment